Tuesday 30 September 2014

It's been a busy week

I've been house sitting for a mate of mine for the last week or so, and as there wasn't much to do I decided to get stuck into some modelling. And I'm happy to say it's been a very productive week.

I've now assembled 11 more SEM VQCX wagon kits and given them a coat of VR wagon red paint. The next step for these will be applying the decals.

Painted VR wagon kits - VQCX container wagons and VHQY/VHFF hopper wagons

My 4 RMM VHQY Quarry hopper wagons have now had a final coat of paint and are also ready for some decals. I also assembled and painted an RMM VHFF Phosphate hopper wagon kit that had been half finished for a while. This will be the second on of these wagons on my rolling stock register.

Partly assembled VHGF grain wagons

I've also made some serious headway with my remaining grain wagons. Assembly of the underframe sections is now complete. The next step will be painting the brake detail. This needs to be done before the upper section of the wagon is attached to the underframe, otherwise it's almost impossible to paint properly. The upper sections are also assembled and partly painted. The paint is applied to the end, the top and the underside of the walkways. 

Once the underframe and upper sections are joined I'll apply paint to the rest of the model.

I've also started construction on a couple of VZTX Sleeper wagons from Lyndon's Trains, which I didn't take a photo of. I'll have an update on those next month.

1 comment: